Board Members and Shop Stewards
Local 2170 board and steward members are fellow dedicated employees who serve the Local 2170 Membership. We work hard to make this a better place to work, live, and raise our families. If you would like to learn more, or if you have general questions, please feel free to reach out via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet your board and Shop Stewards! They are here to provide information and help you navigate any labor related questions you have. Our current board is:
Council 2 RepComing Soon!
Sgt. at ArmsColton Warner
Alan Findlay *
Print Shop & Communications
Dave VanSantford *
Dean Steward *
Signal & Sign
James Garfield *
Storm & Sewer
Shop Steward Duties:
- Be a Leader
- Spark the Enthusiasm of Fellow Employees;
- Enlist Cooperation; and
- Help Build a More Active Union.
- Be a Representative
- Speak to management on behalf of your co-workers;
- Watch for violation of the agreement or established working conditions; and
- Convey concerns of your members to local leadership.
- Be an Organizer
- Build the Union Team – Sign up new members; and
- Activate those who are members.
- Be a Communicator
- Keep members informed;
- Explain union goals; and
- Convey union policies and programs to works’ needs and concerns to the union leadership.